"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." - Ernest Hemingway

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Moving in

Today marks day two in Paris. We were all delivered to our housing this morning, and I am getting moved into my host family's house. It is right outside of Paris, in Malakoff.

Since it is outside of the actual city limits of Paris, it is a house rather than an apartment. There is a gate and garden in front of the house, with a sculpture studio attached to the back. I live with my host mother and her daughter, who each live on the second floor. The first floor has the kitchen and a seating area, and the third floor is a finished attic where my room is located.








Luckily, the daughter's boyfriend was there to help carry my luggage up to my room because the stairs up to the third floor are a little difficult to navigate.







My room was where my host mother's son lived when he still lived at home.




It still doesn't feel like I am actually in France, but maybe waking up tomorrow morning and seeing the view from my window will change that.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh! Living the dream, girl!
    The attic window gives it away. I have you located on google maps now. Looks like the home of an artist. So cheerful.

    ReplyDelete