"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." - Ernest Hemingway

Thursday, September 19, 2013

World traveler

I will use Instagram's "Throwback Thursday" to justify creating this post out of order.

Sunday, September 15th, before going to the airport in Kansas City, we stopped at a family favorite for some barbecue. I had eaten Tex-Mex multiple times that last week, and at Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue I was able to get another of my favorite types of food before leaving America for three and a half months.



This is a more condensed version of the day than that of my mom, but after eating we headed to the airport in Kansas City, where I printed my boarding passes, checked my bag, and paid the overweight fee. After finally making it through security, I flew out of KCI to stop in Chicago before flying to CDG in Paris.



On my flight to Chicago from Kansas City, I sat a couple rows in front of former Kansas State point guard Angel Rodriguez.






Arriving in France, I passed through customs without any problems. A simple stamp in my passport and a "Bon voyage" from security were all it took. I then pulled some euros out of an ATM there in the airport, and I made my first French purchase: toothpaste.


1 comment:

  1. Dad was so nervous about putting that surprise package from the youth group in your bag. He just knew security would pull it out and think you were lying about having a package you knew nothing about. Busted! I told him I thought chocolate and a devotional wouldn't get you in too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete