"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." - Ernest Hemingway

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Worn thin

As a result of the delicious French cuisine, I might not return home with the abs I had last season, but I will surely have nicely toned legs and glutes with all the walking and stair climbing I have been doing in the past couple months. Sometimes I wish I had a pedometer just to see how far I walk in an average day. Other times, I know I would rather not even know. But to get an idea, just check out how large the Domaine of Chantilly and the Domaine of Versailles are.

So consequently, my go-to shoes are officially worn out after two trips to Versailles, one to Chantilly, a weekend in southern France, and of course many days of wandering through Paris.




The cheap Target sneakers I brought along (with no expectation of them surviving to the return trip) are worn thin and stained. As I walked through the rain yesterday I discovered the left shoe has a giant crack through the sole, which naturally was letting water in and soaking my sock.

























But is it time to throw them out quite yet? These shoes have led me to so many adventures so far, and they are so comfortable. And so they remain at the end of my bed, awaiting more days filled with walking.


"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu 

1 comment:

  1. I felt like those shoes look after 1 week of those adventures!

    ReplyDelete